Sonntag, 28. April 2013

Weekly Review April 28, 2013

I had my last lecture (during which Mario Götze's transfer to Bayern Munich was announced; I am still not sure whether this was a good move) of this semester and therefore, I am now officially in study mode. When I am not studying, I am at the gym to make me feel that I did at least one useful thing a day. Oh and we had our first rooftop party. You know, it's kind of spring here. The sun is shining and it's around 10°C. So why not spending the evening outside on a rooftop, right? I must say, it was worth the goose bumps and the dangling, as we can see the Oslo fjord from our rooftop.

Beauty
New in this week: John Frieda Luxurious Volume Shampoo
It does make my hair kind of fluffy but I am not sure whether it also dries out my hair. So far, I cannot say if it's a 'yay' or a 'nay' product but I will keep on testing.

Books
As I have finally switched to study mode, I am reading all day long. In the evening, I am happy if I can just watch TV and switch off my brain. On Saturday evening, I managed to read some pages of Nate Silver's book (review will be on the blog as soon as I am finished).

Celebrities
I love celebrity gossip. In this week's news, Reese Whiterspoon and her husband got arrested. Best thing about this is her mugshot which looks like a blurry image of a beauty blogger presenting her eye makeup.
Kim Kardashian finally got divorced, which is great for her, as I really don't want to imagine Kanye living with the fact, that his child legally is Kris Humphries' child. What is not great is Kim's maternity wardrobe. Okay, it's not maternity fashion, she just squeezes into normal dresses, as usual. She should get some lessons by the duchess of Cambridge, who looked radiant this week in a mint Mulberry coat, a baby blue 50s dress, a navy blue floral dress and a polka dot topshop dress which of course was sold out within an hour. 

Food
On Tuesday I went out for a pre-Champions-League sushi dinner with a good friend. As we planned to watch the game at a pub in Grünerløkka, we went for dinner right next to the pub at a place called lille asia. And here is my delicious maki plate, all shrimps.
Oh these iPhone colors... That wasabi's green color was a lot less intense in reality


Instagram
I kicked off strawberry season this week (and already had 1kg in the first two days). This was my study snack on Monday afternoon.
Working on a group assignment. 3 hours of Excel and Stata and we're still not done.
After the 3 hours, I forced myself to step by at the gym. I did some abs and my favorite sling workout. That's all I can do after an afternoon with Excel files.
I was wearing my favorite ring this week, a Cartier beauty that once belonged to my late father.
My gym here in Oslo (Nydalen Athletica) got a remodelling this week and they've added some motiviational quotes like this one.
Listened to this record all week long.
Oslo at 10 pm (rooftop view).
Music
This week, I spoiled myself with a new CD, the deluxe edition of Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' 'The Heist'. What a brilliant record.

Nails
I didn't even have the time to change my nail color more than once this week. Long days at the library and gym afterwards (plus football and party in the evening) made it hard to find time for a mani change.
Essie - Forever Yummy
Essie - Madison Ave-hue
In light of spring, my toe nails are currently wearing a bright yellow by alessandro. I cannot show a picture here though because my toes are not the prettiest part of my body.

TV
It's Champions League time! We enjoyed the first game (Bayern - Barcelona) at an Irish pub with around 500 screens (okay, according to their webpage they have 40 but it feels like more). And what a game that first semifinal was. May this finally be the end of that incredibly boring tiki-taka. I am so bored by this and I am happy that several teams now have proven that this is not the ultimate way of playing anymore. The second semifinal, Dortmund vs. Real Madrid, I've watched at home. Another great game that already makes me look forward to the final.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen